This week we are joined for topical chats with Alex Usher, of Higher Education Strategy Associates (and post-secondary education lifer). Our main interview this week is with Linc Kesler, the Director of the First Nations House of Learning at UBC, to talk about UBC’s aboriginal agenda.
SUBSCRIBE to the podcast feed by searching for “UBC Insiders On Air” in iTunes, or by putting this RSS link into your favourite podcast app.
Links from this episode:
- Neal reports on how Greg Peet, the chair of the UBC Board of Governors finance committee avoided more than $1 million in taxes. Greg Peet steps down.
- Despite recent membership changes in the presidential search committee, they have come up with a longlist of candidates
- Premier Christy Clark is embracing a private member’s bill from Green MLA Andrew Weaver mandating policies on sexual assault at Post Secondary institutions.
- UBC has recruited a new high profile Canada Excellence Research Chair in a non-science field! Bring on the excellence!
- Alex Usher’s daily blog
- UBC’s aboriginal strategic plan and its latest implementation report